Vegetables and green foods are not the most popular foods in the world. They are however one of the healthiest. Green foods are full of vitamins and minerals that does not contain any form of side effects. In this article we will discuss what is green superfood, it’s benefits, different types of green superfood etc.
What is Green Superfood?
Green superfoods are a blend of green foods. It can be vegetables or powder, juice etc. Green superfoods are extremely healthy. It may contain many healthy ingredients that works as a shield for your immune system.
Some of the common types of ingredients that are found in green superfood are leafy green foods like, kale, Spinach, collards, parsley. It may also include seaweeds such as, chlorella, dulse, kelp, Spirulina. Other ingredients may contain vegetables such as Broccoli, beets, carrots, tomatoes, green cabbage.
Grasses are also a common form of green superfood. Such as barley grass, wheatgrass, oat grass, alfalfa grass etc. Fruits are also sometimes included in green superfood, for example blueberries, raspberries, goji and acai berries.
GSF may also feature extract, probiotics, enzymes, herbs, mushrooms, sugar substitute and fiber such as Green tea extract, grape seed extract, ginkgo biloba extract, Lactobacillus (L.) rhamnosus, L. acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Amylase, cellulase, lipase, papain, protease, Holy basil, astragalus, echinacea, milk thistle, Maitake mushroom extract, shiitake mushroom extract, Stevia leaf extract, monk fruit extract, Rice bran, inulin, apple fiber etc.
You can also read: Best Organic Green Superfood Powder Reviews
Green Superfood Benefits
Green superfoods are full of health benefits. According to a study by the USDA food composition database, green superfood may contain 40 calories, 0.5 grams of fat, 7 grams of total carbs, 2 grams of dietary fibers, 1 grams of sugar, 2 grams of protein, 2% of reference daily intake of sodium, 80% of vitamin A, 80% of vitamin C, 60% of vitamin K, 5% of calcium, 20% of Iron, 100% of Iodine, 70% of selenium, 60% of chromium, 5% of potassium.
Green superfood is full of vitamin A. Vitamin A can protect your eyes from night blindness or age related decline, it may lower your chances of certain cancers, supports your immune system, reduce your chances of acne, great for your bones, promotes healthy growth and reproduction.
Vitamin C also have many health benefits, it is a powerful anti-oxidant, it can help battle high blood pressure, helps you fight different types of heart diseases, reduces your blood uric acid levels, helps prevent iron deficiency, it can boost your immune system, it can protect your memory and thinking etc.
Green superfood is also full of iodine. Iodine can promote thyroid health, it can reduce risk for some goiters, helps manage your overactive thyroid gland, helps treat thyroid cancer, helps your neurodevelopment, improve cognition function, improve birth weight, it can treat fibrocystic breast disease, it is great for disinfecting water and finally treating various injuries.
Green superfood also contains full of selenium and chromium. Selenium is a powerful anti-oxidant, it may reduce certain cancers, It can help you fight heart diseases, it prevents mental decline, It is good for your thyroid health, it can boost your immune system, reduce asthma symptoms.
Chromium also has a lot of health benefits. It may improve your blood sugar levels, it can reduce your hunger and craving and this is an effective weight loss supplement.
Disadvantages of Green Superfood
Although green superfood has many advantages, it also has some disadvantages. Here are some disadvantages of green superfood.
- Taste: Green superfood is definitely healthy there is no doubt about that. However green superfood may not always taste good. As a result of that you may have a hard time eating/drinking it.
- Price: Green superfood can often be very expensive. These types of foods are often hard to find. As a result, they can be very expensive. It can also be difficult to buy them often since the price is often high.
Different Forms of Green Superfood
Green superfood may come in many different forms. It can be a powder or a tablet.
- Powder: Powder is very easy to use with different types of beverages. You can use powder in soup, salad, pasta, juice, fries etc. Powders are also easy to use with water. They easily mix and powders can also have many benefits for your stomach and body.
- Tablet: Tablet is also very easy to use. You can carry tablets almost anywhere. These tablets can keep you stress free and energetic. You can take them with you when you are travelling, to keep your immune system strong. As a result, you may have less chance of getting a disease.
- Gummies: You can also have green superfood in the form of gummies. Gummies are a great way to get vitamins to your kids. These are usually delicious. They have a very unique appeal to kids. So it is much easier to convince your kids to eat gummies and get them health benefits they need.
- Liquid: Green superfood may also come in a liquid form like juice. Juice is a great form of green superfood. It is great for your stomach. They are full of antioxidant. Liquid greensupers are great for your immune system. They can be used with different healthy beverages to keep you healthy and strong.
Liquid can also be tea. Tea are great with breakfast and in other times as well. Tea can help you stay refreshed throughout the day. It can help you against anxiety and stress. They are great for the heart and blood pressure. Green superfood type tea can have many benefits for the skin and bones. Tea often contain vitamin c which be great for your teeth and other things. You can use sugar or other sweeteners to make your tea more delicious.
Best Brands of Green Superfood in The Market
There are many different brands that provides great green superfoods products. Here are some of our favorite brands.
- Kos: Kos is a very popular brand with one of the best green superfood products. The products are often very liked by customers. The price is also very reasonable. The products are often well designed. They are very healthy and great for the immune system.
- Nested Naturals: Nested Natural is another brand that is very good, when it comes to providing green superfood products. The products are often well rated. They have USDA and non GMO certification. Many of their products are bestsellers.
- Nutra Champs: Nutra champ is also a well-known brand for green superfood products. Many of their products are well rated and liked by many. They provide many different types of green superfood from juice to powder. Their products are USA based, vegan, third party tested and GMP certified.
- Peak Performance Coffee: Peak performance coffee is another popular brand that is well known for their green superfood products. This brand is also known for their humanitarian work. Their products have great value. They are full of energy and vitamins.
- Amazing Grass: Amazing grass is another excellent brand, that makes excellent green superfood. This brand is well known for making products with antioxidant. Their products contain great price and quality. Their products also contain great taste and flavor.
Things to Consider Before Buying Green Superfood
Green superfood maybe healthy and it may have a lot of value. However, there are a few things people need to consider before, buying green super. Here are some things to consider before buying green superfood.
- Price : Price is a big factor when it comes to green superfood. Green superfood is not always cheap. It is important to make sure you are getting the best quality product for the price. Sometimes lower price product can actually have better quality then higher price ones.
- Brand: Brand is very important when it comes to buying super green food. Brands recognized for their products usually provide you with good quality products. Also these products are a safe bet when it comes to price. Even if a product has a high price these brands can be trusted for their reputation.
- Quality: Quality is the most important when it comes to buying green superfood. Products with good ratings and reputation are usually the kind of quality you want. The quality may or may not increase the price. The quality is still important so sometimes the price may be justified even if it is high.
Where to Buy Green Superfood
Green superfood can be found in many places. You can find them at your local food store or online store. You can also get them on the big supermarkets.
Green Superfood for Pets
Green superfood is also great for pets. There many brands that provide green superfoods for pets. There are many brands such as AMI, V- Dog, purina one, evolution diet etc.
These foods are great for your dog. They give your dog/cat a powerful immune boost. They can protect them from various diseases. It may help them against muscle pain or joint stiffness. Green superfood may help them relax. It can also at times give your dog/cat the energy they need to play with you.
So as you can see green superfood have many benefits. They are great for both you and your pets. They are great for your immune system, heart, skin, hair, bones etc. These superfoods can be very cheap compared to many other food products.
So if you are someone struggling with health issues, age related issues then green superfood can be a great medicine or supplementary food. They can be both cheap, healthy and sometimes just delicious.